Sayari Roots of Gypsy is a multidimensional entertainment, education and performance company with an extensive talent pool and broad range of services.
Sayari Roots of Gypsy offers a sparkling array of performance talent, musical virtuosity and imaginative event planning. Our musical network weaves together Rajasthan’s finest Gypsy, Sufi and Bhopa artists who have mastered their traditional styles and can creatively jam with masters from other genres.
Shows, Dance Programs & Concerts
Wedding & Anniversary Parties
Promotion Events & School Festivals
Dancing: Kalbeliya, Tera talli, Rajasthani Folk
Music: Kartal, morchang, been, sarangi, double flute, violin, dholak and harmonium
Choreography: Kalbeliya, Folk & Sufi
Sayari Roots of Gypsy strives to present Rajasthan’s finest voices and performance talents from the region’s original gypsy culture; and also cultivate mutually enriching collaborations with virtuosos from other lands and artistic traditions.
- Nurture a new generation of world-class musicians, dancers and performances.
- Provide professional infrastructure for artists to share & showcase their talents.
- Actively promote Rajasthani folk culture and exemplary artists nationally & globally..
- Develop rewarding partnerships with international performing arts organizations. wishing to explore the Indian talent pool and/or market.
- Produce innovative music, dance & theatrical works for worldwide presentation.
- Develop an interactive school/presentation centre for traditional performing arts
- Help young artists improve their literacy, math and critical thinking to enhance their lives and accelerate their professional development..
Like her gypsy ancestors a thousand years ago, Sayari Sapera left her desert village on a journey that took her all across the world. She was literally born on the road near the small desert village of Samrau in the epic land of Rajasthan. A sparkling personality with strong determination, Sayari started performing as a singer at the age of 10, and then devoted herself to learning dance. She rapidly worked her way up the professional ladder, winning awards and high profile bookings which culminated in a twelve-year series of world tours that took her to 19 countries. From Paris & New York to Stockholm & Tokyo she schooled herself the gypsy way, hungrily absorbing new experiences and encounters. Enriched with first hand knowledge, she wanted to share her insights with others and help them follow her path.
With the help of her master musician husband Sheru Nath Sapera and old friend Philippe Tapp, she founded Sayari Roots of Gypsy, Ltd and became the first Indian gypsy woman in history ever to start and head a company. <<Her story continues on Page 2 >>Continue reading “Sayari’s Journey”